DELIVERY OF GOODS TO YOU
1) We will deliver the goods directly from the quarry to the shipping address provided. All orders are processed within 48 hours and lead times can vary anytime between 2-4 weeks. For shipping costs, please skip to clause 11 below - note that the costs are subsidized for your benefit. Please note that we do not deliver to addresses in Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii. Delivery is FOB Buyer’s Location, subject to the following clauses:
2) Our standard delivery service uses either an LTL or TL truck, the type of truck used will depend on the amount ordered. LTL will have a lift gate and the driver will unload. For orders over 10 tons, a Truck Load carrier will be used, upon which you will require the necessary equipment to remove the items from the truck (i.e. forklift). If you do not have a forklift, check to see if there are local services that can be used to rent this equipment for the hour.
3) It is your responsibility to tell us at the time of ordering if there is limited access for the delivery location. There may also be an extra cost for delivery with limited access. The risk of non-delivery due to truck size remains exclusively with you. We therefore we advise you beforehand to, if need be, consult local expert advice on this matter.
4) Delivery is made to curb-side only and will be unloaded from the back of the vehicle using a tail-gate (a platform that lowers down). The pallets are then rolled off the vehicle using a pallet jack; therefore it is very important that the ground is level and hard such as tarmac or concrete. Grass, compacted soil and gravel are not suitable areas for unloading and will prevent delivery.
5) Should the carrier encounter problems with delivery as a result of the failure to disclose any relevant information or other causes beyond our reasonable control or anticipation, you will be responsible for full costs of aborted delivery in accordance with Section 10 below.
6) In all circumstances and events, time is not of the essence in this agreement or as respects delivery. Delivery dates are often notified to you by the carrier prior to the goods arriving with you - they will also call before delivery to confirm date/time. Alternatively, we will make a reasonable effort to inform you of the anticipated delivery date in advance. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order and we make our best effort to deliver within 30 days of your order. Special order products may take longer. Delivery dates/timing notified to you are for guidance only. While we will make all reasonable efforts to meet any proposed delivery date, specific delivery dates cannot be guaranteed or warranted. Any failure to deliver on a specified day or days and any claim by you of late delivery will not be a breach of contract by us nor give rise to any right of compensation to you whatsoever.
7) You or your authorized representative must be present at the delivery location upon delivery of the goods to inspect the goods prior to signing for the delivery and where necessary assist the driver with the off-loading of the goods.
8) Occasionally, some pallets of paving will be extremely heavy and the driver may need assistance in unloading the pallet from the vehicle. We use an economical delivery service to ensure our prices remain low, which restricts the maximum offload weight per pallet. If providing assistance to the driver is likely to cause you difficulty, please advise us beforehand and we will offer alternative delivery options, however these are likely to incur additional fees.
9) By ordering, you accept our terms and conditions and acknowledge the conditions required for delivery. You must inform us of any reasons why the above clauses cannot be complied with at the time of placing your order, failing which you will be liable for any return and redelivery fees if the delivery company is unable to deliver the goods upon arrival at the delivery location.
10) ATTEMPTED AND UNSUCCESSFUL DELIVERY. If for any reason the goods cannot be delivered due to (a) failure of requirements detailed in Section 1 above; (b) your failure to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date of delivery, or (c) any other reason beyond our reasonable control, then in any such event: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to you; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) we, at our option and pursuant to our sole and exclusive discretion, may (a) store the goods for your pick up: or (b) return the goods to our shipping point, in either case of which, you shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage, insurance and return).
11) Shipping costs will be determined upon checkout based on your location and its proximity to the quarry or distribution location. Just enter your postal code in your cart and answer the questions to get the subsidized shipping cost.
12) If a delivery appointment has been scheduled, and you are not present on the scheduled delivery date, you will be charged a re-delivery fee of $250 and any storage fees that are incurred at $100/day. Also, if you have indicated that you will have a forklift on site, and don't, the same fees will apply.